Training and benefits
Investing in People
We actively support the development of our colleagues. Individuals have regular performance discussions with their line manager and are encouraged to keep a personal development plan. We offer a range of training including technical, health & safety, business and interpersonal skills training. We also run in-house development programmes for leaders across the business to ensure they are skilled to carry out their roles effectively.
We continually look at how we can improve skills across KWS, we recently ran "Making a Difference" development programme for 50 people within KWS Defence which focused on problem-solving, influecing and creativity skills. We have also run development programmes for our people leaders across KWS which included the following core skills modules: coaching, identifying development needs, managing performance, conduct and capability, recruitment and selection, communication skills and personal confidence.
We are externally recognised for our Investment in People, recently KWS Defence received the Investors in People - Gold Award accreditation, an achievement we are very proud of.
All new starters to the business receive an on site local induction programme to ensure they become familiar with their role. This includes an overview of the business, an introduction to HR polices and procedures, Health & Safety and an introduction to our Envionmental and Information Management Systems.
We offer the following range of benefits:
- Competitive basic salary and the potential to earn more through a quarterly performance related bonus scheme based on both company and individual performance. So if you do a great job then you will be rewarded for it!
- Extra reward for outstanding contribution to your role
- Generous holiday entitlement (25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays per year)
- Excellent contributory pension scheme: free life assurance and personal accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour/7 days a week confidential counsellling telephone service
- Occupational Health Services
- Lifestyle Benefits - A high street retail vouchers scheme which also includes discounts off holidays and family day outs etc.
- Childcare Vouchers scheme
- Some roles also attract additional benefits such as car, additional holidays, private healthcare and an annual bonus scheme
- Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to help assist you with the cost of relocation.
We really do believe in recognising personal achievement and celebrating success.
Our local communities
We value the communities in which we work and actively support community projects and fundraising for nominated charities. View our 'In the Community' section to find out more.